Recently I have become the age of 25 and I have finally realized how important memory really is too us human folks. After waking up Sunday morning with a hangover that made me feel like I had to be a clone from invasion of the body snatchers, I tried to piece together my night, where I consumed enough alcohol to impale an elephant for the rest of the year. With the little flickers of memory that appeared it started to make me think about memory and how it shapes the course of our lives.
First of all memory really shapes us with who we are and what we believe. If we didn't remember these things we probably wouldn't have opinions and anger towards others if we didn't remember all the horrible things they did to us like eat the last rolo. The bastard!
Before the mass drinking event I was shown a website called icheckmovies.com where you sign up and check all the films you've seen. Now this requires alot of memory usage but as you know trying to remember when and where you may have seen something is very hard to do especially if alcohol is involved. Which it normally always is. So i started to ponder other such things.
If my memory is what i remember, a few blogs ago I posted that The Sun had printed front page headlines that nurse Rebecca Leighton was a murderer even though she was in trail and yet to be convicted. Well blow my socks she has been let go as there is not enough evidence to hold her but, of course, that doesn't matter to the public because they have read enough crap from the sun to already state she is a cold blooded murderer. Weather or not she did it isn't the point, the point is The Sun should say sorry but I bet their memory isn't as good as mine.
Another hammered memory is where were you when global events took place. As you are all aware it has just been the 10 year anniversary of the tragic day that is 9/11 (or to the rest of the world 11/9). With these kind of events you are always able to remember where you were when they happened. Like the death of Diana or when Jif became Cif. I remember i was walking home from school with friends and we went into my friends house and his mum said you have to see this. At the time I had no idea what was really going on being 14, but as days went by it really hit me how big of an event it was. But there is always one question no one asks, why?
Whenever anything happens, BP oil spill, 9/11 or cinemas having 3D no one ever asks why these events happened just whose to blame. Maybe if we looked at why 9/11 happened, rather than who did it and killing them, we could stop it from ever happening again. But maybe they just forgot this when they were blowing up pieces of land for oil.....
@Pippy_Pipatron
When on a day to day basis i rant and rave at the world and most people tell me to shut up or just pay for the drink and go away I've decided to use this web thingy to sprawl my hate and what i call logic
No comments:
Post a Comment