Friday, 3 July 2015

Why I’m a believer of the non-believer

 
Faith, it conjures up many images. Holy beings, mass worship, George Michael in a 90’s leather jacket showing off his wiggle, but what does it all mean?
Well faith means different things to many different people. Too some it is just a belief in the greater good of things, to others its spiritual and the essence of their religion. I’m not going to debate the many things I find wrong with religion or those who follow in blind faith in a world of logic and fact that just seems crazy to me. What I am going to rant on is why I am a non believer in these many faiths but mainly Christianity as I am Westerner and on this side of the pond we choose that religion as the right one even if it was created many thousands of years after many others.
First of all I haven’t always been a straight out non-believer. When I was younger, say 7 (I forget how old so here’s a rough number), I was unsure on the existence of God and would sometimes pray to whomever I thought was up their looking out for me to help. It was pretty mundane things most of the time like can a girl notice me, I want this thing and so on but sometimes it was a more vast idea such as feed to hungry and heal the sick. But alas none of this came true but was not the reason for my lack of god.
There are many reasons why I am 100% sure all religions are false my main reason is logic and sense. If you actually read your bible you will find many horrible things that are okay to do that are just wrong. Slavery, rape, murder and that’s just what God does to us let alone what we did to ourselves. Many people of these faiths say that these are out dated but if they are God’s words and he is forever right are you telling me that if he (or she) tells you to hate all gays then you are telling him (or her) they are wrong? Good luck getting into heaven with that attitude to the rules.
My second reason is the idea of heaven and hell. Every person has their own idea of what heaven and hell is so what I enjoy and love are not the same as what others love. It also states that no animals go to heaven, why? As an animal lover I find this a good reason that I do not want to worship a cruel being like God. Animals have conscious and presents just like us. They excise and love just like us. Just because they don’t have mobile phones and TV’s doesn’t make them any less alive than us. But no, no heaven for them as to god they are just food and fun.
A big reason I will not believe in a religious god is just look around. There is so much evil and pain in the world that you would feel a god would help. But they do not which once again begs the question why pray and worship a being that will do whatever it wants anyway. If god has the power to do good then he (or she) also has the power to do evil. But from what the bible teaches us is that he has a plan and it cannot be changed. So if its saving a baby from a burning building or giving children cancer it is all part of gods plan.
These are only a few of the points that make me a non believer and I’m sure anyone who chooses to read this will disagree. But I would like to say one last thing. If god is real say and there is a heaven and a hell then people should be let in on what they have done in life not who they worshipped. Any loving being would feel this way and would not punish another for choosing wrong faith or ignoring them. To me God is just a kid with an ant farm and a magnifying glass. No matter how much you pray they will still do whatever they want because they cannot hear you.

@Pippy_pipatron

No comments:

Post a Comment